I wanted to share with you some of my favorite quotes, which inspire and guide me through life.
- “Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein.
- “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.” – Sir Winston Churchill.
- “Don’t let your successes go to your head; don’t let your failures get to your heart.”
- “Be the change you seek to make in the world.” – Gandhi.
- “Do or do not, there is no try.” – The Yoda.
- “Confront the brutal facts but don’t lose faith that you will prevail at the end.” – Admiral James Stockdale.
- “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” – Dr. Stephen Covey.
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman.
- “It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt, Paris 1910.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs.
And one more as a bonus:
“Live, Love, Leave a Legacy.” – Dr. Stephen Covey.
I hope you find these quotes as inspiring and helpful as I do. I would appreciate your feedback, and your favorite quotes.
2 thoughts on “10 Great Quotes for Life”
Hello there I am so thrilled I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was
searching on Digg for something else, Regardless
I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post
and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read
through it all at the minute but I have saved it
and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
read more, Please do keep up the superb b.
Thank you, Lavon, for your very kind feedback.
I greatly appreciate it.